I don’t claim to know a lot of things for sure…
but after my spiritual awakening I began to trust and have an enormous amount of confidence in certain things. And when I stay conscious, the daily reminders I receive help a lot too.
1. When I meditate in the morning I have more energy than when I don’t. How do I know this? Because of all the “low” energy days that I’ve experienced lately when I’ve been “too busy” to meditate.
Since my book Interviewed by God got published there are so many things to do: write blog posts, keep up with social media, create business cards, plan book launch parties, and 1001 other things. With everything there is to do in relation to getting my book “out there,” my meditation schedule has been a little more dicey than usual. But as I write this (yet another) blog post, I’m remembering that meditation is one thing I know for sure helps me keep going. So I’m recommitting to my daily meditation schedule right now.
2. When I follow my inner guidance, my life is more peaceful, fun and interesting than when I try to “figure everything out” and make all the “right” decisions. While on this spiritual journey that I write about in my book I’ve learned that there are no “right decisions”. There are only opportunities for telling the truth about what you know and what you want.
What I mean by this is that I always know exactly what I want and what the best decision is for me. The only thing that keeps me from relaxing into acceptance of this is the idea that I have to figure everything out by myself and that there is the possibility of making a wrong decision. I really didn’t understand this before my spiritual awakening.
3. When I consciously connect with God (what I call my source of inner wisdom) each day, I feel more grounded and connected to everything and everyone than when I don’t. None of us are meant to be alone or feel lonely, and when I turned my attention to my connection with God, my life changed. Now I’m never alone.
4. Ask for what you want. My dog has got the right idea about asking for what she wants. I don’t know about you, but every dog I’ve ever had knew how to ask for what they wanted. Most dogs – if you watch them – seem more spiritually awake than a lot of humans I know. When they want to go out they bark, when they want to eat, they let you know it, and when they want you to pay attention to them, they don’t hide it. But what I love most is that they are never offended, discouraged, or depressed if they hear NO. They just go ask the next available person or come back and ask you again later. I love that!
5. It’s much easier to write when I stop thinking about it and just start doing it. It took me five years to write my book and when I realized I was going to need to start writing blog posts again I was a little worried. But when I stopped thinking about it and just sat down and started writing, the words flowed out just fine. “Don’t think – just do.” – Horace
As I look over this list, I notice a theme; that theme is that when I relax and trust myself, my life is better. what would change in your life if you gave yourself the gift of trusting you?
To find out more about me go to: BethBanning.com/About.
To find out more about my book go to: BethBanning.com/Spirituality.